Friday, January 17, 2020

Choosing Pitch

    Today my group mates and I are going to choose a pitch. There are 3 pitches, but we’ve narrowed them down to two. Hopefully the final decision is an obvious choice. I already have my mind set on one of the pitches. The one I want to do I feel is the best but of course every plan had pros and cons. One of the pitches out of the two we narrowed them down to is “ walking to Walmart with her sister, she has lost while someone is following her, then she gets kidnapped.” The other “ empty parking lot on warehouse, 2-3 girls are robbing a man. With a gun to his head there’s someone in a hidden corner a gunshot go off.” I’m interested to see who votes for what in our final decision. I know it’s going to be a big discussion, since it takes everyone in my group a while to agree.
     So while discussing the first pitch with my group we decided a few things. I personally thought this was a great pitch and that this which should be the one we choose. But my group me pointed out of course some cons about the pitch. This is the scenario in Walmart my group mate pointed out what if Walmart does not allow us to film in their store. Also she pointed out that kidnapping is so cliché, but I recommended we do something to spice it up a little bit. In addition to these cons, we listed the process of doing this pitch. We had the right amount of actors to act out the scene we wanted to do, and we all lived in exact area of the Walmart we were going to shoot at. Moreover, I thought we could do a creative twist on this kidnapping film. I didn’t want to film a cliché and call it day. I wanted to bring something new to the table.
     The second pitch, about the empty parking lot with the warehouse and 2 to 3 girls  I felt was all wrong for a group. I feel really strongly about this decision and I didn’t want to do this pitch. I started to list a whole bunch of cons with this pitch. For example, where are we going to find a warehouse that’s going to let us film, and how are we going to portray us robbing someone. I felt like this page was incomplete. I didn’t see how this could be a whole movie and how the movie was started like this. Then I thought how are we going to get the props for this film if we were to choose this idea, no one had a response. In that moment, I thought it pretty clear what our decision had to be. We had to choose the first pitch idea, since it made more sense than the second one and we could do it more sufficiently. I for one think we made the best choice in choosing the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment