Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Starting The Final Task

        Hey, it’s me again Jasmine .. the one from September ! Remember? My first blog was about myself and how i’d be interested in media studies. Well, it’s been half a year and I’ve learned a whole lot of new things. I’ve learned about filming, editing, and dumping. A lot of which i’ve improved on since our first project. My filming skills have improved tremendously, and my use of the camera. In these 4 months i’d say i’ve earned the title of director. Not to say i’m the best, but my skills show I really know what i’m doing. Now it’s time to start our final project. I can’t say i’m thrilled, i’m more nervous than anything. This is a big deal, especially since cambridge will be watching out videos. For my final project I will be working in a group with Jalil, Dwana, and Jushe my beautiful classmates.

           I learned how to shoot many different angles since the first project we’ve done. For example high angles. medium shots, close-ups and point of view shots. All of which are used in previous projects. I also was educated on the process of editing. At first I used iMovie to edit, I eventually learned that iMovie was not a good place to edit. The video will come out blurry when I exported it, so I decided to stick to the original, pinnacle studios. Although pinnacle studios takes a long time to load up it is very reliable. I now know how to use pinnacle studios to the best of my abilities. Another skill I did not have the first time I  started taking this class. All in all my film making skills has improved a great extent.
 
           A pitch is an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually one sentence. So for the final test my Group mates and I came up with a few pitches for our film. Our first pitch, goes as the following “ walking to Walmart with her sister, she has lost while someone is following her, then she gets kidnapped “ . Our second pitch “ empty parking lot on warehouse, 2-3 girls are robbing a man. With a gun to his head there’s someone in a hidden corner a gunshot go off “ . Our third pitch “ he’s in the bathroom texting his friends that he’s gay and he accidentally copies the whole school on it” .  These  are our three pictures for our film, I personally like the first pitch and hope that’s the one we choose.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment