Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog pt.2




                                                                 After the frustration from the computers not working last class today we began to edit. Today my group finally got to edit our commercial. Last week we where having technical difficulties with pinnacle studios. So of course we had a delay in editing. Our teachers informed us about our new editing schedule. So that
day we could come in class ready to edit. Thrilled again to finally start the editing process. I really hoped that we didn’t have any technical difficulties on Tuesday. So we came in class that Tuesday ready to edit. My parter grabbed a computer and logged into her single sign on. 

                      We waited patiently for her computer to log in. After the computer logged in I took the flash drive, and put it in the computer. This was where all our footage was. Then we opened up pinnacle studios. This took a LONG time to load. When it loaded up I deleted the sample footage that was there. My parter clicked the import button, and we saw another tab pop up. I clicked on the folder with our flash drive name on it. I imported the stuff from my flash drive onto pinnacle studios. When the files finished copying, the film was ready to be edited. 

                My group and i decided to watch all the footage to see the parts we wanted to keep. I dragged the scenes we needed on the editing strip and trimmed time off a few of them. Whenever we tried to see how the footage looked all together the computer would lag. This was frustrating, because it was going so slow and we had limited time. We waited a few minutes to see if it would go a the normal pace. When pinnacle studios stopped lagging we watch the footage. After we watched we deliberated on whether or not to cut or add more footage. My team members decided they wanted transitions and music. So i passed the computer and watched as one member added transitions that went with our commercial. Then we added music to the background of the beginning of our commercial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment