Tuesday, December 29, 2020

re-filming the beginning

 Hey guys I’m back again with another update. We’re slowly making progress with the film. Today we filmed the 2 scenes. The scenes that we filmed were the scenes where Aaliyah was entering the house and was walking upstairs. Last time she’d filmed she stopped filming right at her front door. We used a close up shot for this to show my hand movements as Aaliyah opened the door. More on we acquired  new filming equipment. Today was Christmas and Aaliyah got a new ring light. This would be useful to us for lighting.  I also got a small tripod. We used the tripod for many close up scenes or scenes with Aaliyah walking. To continue, Christmas was a good day. Today we had to film many scenes to stay on track. We used a tracking shot. This was because Aaliyah kept walking in many scenes today. For example, the scene when she was walking in my hallway and the stairs I had to use a tracking shot to track her movements. When we finally began to film her entering my room that's where it started to get difficult. The angles were kind of hard to get but we made it work. Aaliyah had her younger sister stand in a far corner in my room to record her entering, as i directed her around the room.It looked as if we filmed this part using a wide shot. When she opened her closet I used an over the shoulder angle which switched to a trunk shot. We wanted the audience to see two different perspectives and I have a good feeling we achieved this. We’ve decided to film certain scenes on her younger sisters ipad pro. We  decided this because it carries more storage than a phone and it also had a great camera. For scenes that require hand held shots then of course I'll use my phone. I can't believe I spent Christmas afternoon filming, however it was a very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment