Friday, December 18, 2020

Filming our first Scene

Hey guys we're finally on winter break!! Christmas is right around the corner. But it also means that my partner and I are back to filming. We decided to split the filming and editing process. I will be editing the entire movie from my home and Aaliyah will be filming everything. Of course, I will be assisting with the filming process. And giving my input, we still have to work as a team. So today Aaliyah talked to me as she pulled out our storyboard. After reviewing and discussing it, we decided that she should start filming the first scene. In this scene she would be getting into a car and driving while having a conversation. Aaliyah doesn’t have her licenses yet, however she has her permit. We had to make sure while she was driving today that someone over 21 was with her. We discussed what she should wear. Since her character was a lawyer we decided she should dress business casual outfit. She also had her younger sister record everything. She explained to me that she used a tracking shot when she was walking into the car. She recalled recording several takes for this part because she  had to make sure not to get her house in the background. The goal was to make it seem like she was just getting off of work. In the car she told me she used a wide shot so that the entire background could be seen. she continued to drive around her neighborhood rather than the main roads. This was because she’s not a really experienced driver. During this time she was talking to her self. She did this on the phone to make it seem like she was having a conversation with Briana, Stephanie's (aaliyah) bestfriend. After recording several takes and driving around her  neighborhood for a good 5 times aaliyah had finally pulled into my driveway. For this scene she used an establishing shot from the front and back. She explained that she  did this because she didn't want the licenses plate in the movie. This was basically everything that she filmed today and reviewed with me today 

No comments:

Post a Comment