Thursday, October 24, 2019

Filming Blog

                      Today was my first day of filming my commercial. Actually, today was my first day using a canon camera and going through the process of shooting a commercial. It was exciting, and insightful at the same time. My group members checked out the camera, and told me to put the SD card in the camera. I remember what Ms.Cats taught us in class about the steps to correctly putting in the SD card. So of course I used her insightful information. Once I inserted the card, we had our tripod and we where ready to head out and start filming. Once we got to the track we had to find the perfect spot to film. It took us a while to find a spot we thought had the right amount of sunlight, and seemed spacious enough for our actor to move. Once we felt we found the right spot we began setting up the tripod.

                        Setting up the tripod took a great deal of time from our filming process. I would say it took me 5 times to tighten the camera up on the tripod. For some reason I couldn’t seem to remember how to put the camera on the tripod, but it came back to mind. After I put the camera on the tripod my group member extended the legs of the tripod, and we where ready to film! Our actor had on his Nike apparel he was in position, ready to go. But there was one problem, kids that we’re on the track kept walking in our shots. So of course we had to relocate. When we’d finally found the spot where they wouldn’t be seen in our shot we set up the tripod again. My team member started recording an over the shoulder shot of our actor walking on the track. For our next shot we were going to get our actor stretching in his Nike apparel.

                     My group decided to do a pan shot while our actor was doing his warmup. This took about 10 minutes since we where trying to get the best footage possible. While recording we tried to make sure our angles where precise. The last scene we shot took the longest. We had to set up the track equipment that was involved in the video. This scene involved one of my team mates running, so as filming started I had to yell “Ready,Set, Go !” I had to yell it a couple of times. Today i learned that the filming process won’t always go as planned. You have to be ready just in case something doesn’t work out. All in all I think today was pretty successful. I had fun, using the camera for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment